Need help with new setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I am getting ready to build a new A/V system for the mobile command center at work. Here is a brief overview of what I need to do. I just can't think of how or what I may need to get this done.

We will have the following components installed: CCTV system, DirecTV satellite, DVD player, and 3 computer workstations.

Now I will have 3 or 4 TV monitors installed in the trailer. I need to find a way for any of the monitors to display any of the A/V sources at any time. I need to be able to watch the CCTV system, satellite, or have any of the 3 laptop stations to be viewed on any and all of the monitors in the trailer.

What kind of receiver, if any, are capable of outputting all of these sources to three or four monitors at the same time? It would also be helpful if I only needed to run one HDMI or COAX to each monitor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 426
You need a professional A/V distribution system with a router, not a consumer receiver.

AVR: DENON 2113ci
FL/R: Klipschorn
CC: Klipsch RC64ii
SUR: Polk LS F/X x 4
SUB: PSA XS15 x 4 (Soon to be replaced with dual T-18s!)
DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740
post #3 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 64
'What kind of receiver, if any, are capable of outputting all of these sources to three or four monitors at the same time?' - as Alan P says your barking up the wrong tree with that plan smile.gif

You require a Matrix at the heart of your System plus you need to be clear on what folk expect to see on your various 'TV's' and how and where you wish to control/allow control of the system?

If you wish seamless switching between different signal types and resolutions be prepared to get the big cheque book out!

Joe

PS Here are some we built a long time ago - http://www.tmfsolutions.co.uk/wtmf005-6.htm

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page