Netgear MCAB1001 v2 help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey all,

I am in the process of replacing one of my Actiontec ECB2200V's due to a melt down caused by an overzealous power distribution system in my Home Data Panel. When I first bought the pair of Actiontecs about 3 years ago I picked up the pair of them for $60. Imagine my surprise when I looked on ebay and couldn't even find one for that price anymore. Being cheap I instead purchased a Netgear MCAB1001 V2. I t arrived just tonight and I plugged it into my network. At first all three lights lit up green and then the appropriate lights flashed green to indicate activity. I couldn't get connectivity down to my actiontec so I thought there was a communication issue between the units. I swapped them around, and used the Actiontec power plug on the netgear and vice versa, and still nothing except, now the Netgear power light comes on Green but the "c.link" light flashes a steady amber and the "network" light doesn't come on at all.

I solved the connectivity issue (stupid unplugged router) but now I think I may have fried the Netgear MocCa unit. Does anyone have a manual for this thing? Netgear doesn't have one online and I am wondering if there is a reset procedure or at least a troubleshooting guide that would tell me what the flashing lights mean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-28-2013, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is the product support page on Netgear's website http://support.netgear.com/product/MCA1001v2

According to the manual found here http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MCA1001v2/MCA1001v2_IG.pdf
The c.link light flashing yellow means the coax cable is not connected and the network light not being on means it's not detecting the network.
The Actiontec uses a 5v DC 2 Amp power supply compared to the Netgear which uses a 12v DC 1 Amp power supply.

I'd recommend checking out TiVo's website that's selling the Actiontec ECB2500 for $49 bucks, or check ebay here http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Netgear-MoCA-Coax-Ethernet-Adapter-Kit-MCA1001-200NAS-/251251864705?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7fc73481

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or its associated companies.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page