Need sound solution for 16 zone (cabins & department) office, controlled over Computer via LAN - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-16-2013, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greeting's,
I am building a new office building, which approximately has 16 zone (cabin's & department's). I will be installing 1 mono speaker in each cabin or department. The sound source would be played from a computer or disc player. In all the 16 mono speaker zones the same source sound would be played. I won't be installing any volume controller's in any zone, the volume should be controlled via PC or web interface, as my amplifier and other end of the wire will be directed towards Server Room. I want the volume control privilege or authority to the computer operator which can control the volume of the respective zone via PC. Most probably the sound source would be pc as my music collection is on PC. I searched a lot on this forum regarding this situation, but unable to find. Kindly suggest me a good equipment for this situation. An early reply is highly appreciable.

Note*
1) All 16 Mono Speaker's will be wired.
2) All 16 Zone Speaker wire will be directed to Server Room
3) The Distribution equipment will also be placed in Server Room
4) Sound source most probably would be PC
5) I should be able to control each zone volume control via PC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-16-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
HTD system with HTDNet option you can control from any web browser:

http://www.htd.com/Products/Mid-Level-and-Lync-Systems-Without-Keypads

You could combine some zones (rooms of similar size and usage) to fit into a 12-channel amp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 03-17-2013, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Really appreciate Jautor for your prompt reply,the system is covering everything but it is bit expensive. Can u suggest any cheaper equipment ? I would be placing mono ceiling speaker to just play instrumental music.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-17-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by macisback View Post

Really appreciate Jautor for your prompt reply,the system is covering everything but it is bit expensive. Can u suggest any cheaper equipment ? I would be placing mono ceiling speaker to just play instrumental music.

There is nothing cheaper given your requirements. For the environment you're describing, a commercial 70V music system is probably the better answer, but that won't have the PC-based controls nor likely individual volume controls for each zone, and likely approaches the same price anyway.

-- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

post #5 of 5 Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM
DGF

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
You could use a multi-channel sound card in your desktop. IIRC there are 16-channel variants whiere you can sync all the channels to the same source (and independently control volume on each channel) or you could install two 8-channel cards. You could then feed each output to a few cheap multi-channel amplifiers to power the speakers.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page