Wireless Audio Distribution - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for a way to wirelessly send audio from the AVR in my main room to a stereo receiver in my dining room that powers my patio speakers. This is in a condo that I rent so pulling wires is out of the question. Something that utilizes my WIFI network would be ideal. Any ideas? A bunch of people have mentioned Sonos but that seems like more than I need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 335
From what source(s)? There are solutions, but they're not "great". If you're streaming audio from somewhere else to the AVR anyway, a $99 Apple Airport Express is a great way to add AirPlay to any receiver.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Airplay would work for the audio from my ipod which is what I'm doing now. But, what I really want to do is take my zone 2 outputs from my main AVR and send it to my dining room receiver. That way I can take whatever source I want be it my media server, Blu Ray player, TV, etc. and send it to the patio speakers. I have everything doubled up to the analog inputs so I know I can get all that through the zone 2 outputs. I just need some way to "beam" it across the house if you will.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Seems like two of these would be a decent solution:

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&productId=11035425&langId=-1&k_id=7c6bfffd-2d82-2028-ba9a-00006c2612c9&XID=O:HWSBTA2W:dg_gglpla&kpid=11035425&XID=O:hwsbta2w:dg_gglsrch:pla&cagpspn=pla#features

It indicates that they'd work for this purpose, but I'd like to see the manual or other evidence that two of them would properly talk to each other...

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page