Just getting to the thread... but I had the same question: GC100 or newer alternative?
My setup could be configured this way (controlled by Roomie Remote):
- RS232: Pioneer TV Kuro LX508D
- RS232: Rotel RSP-1066 pre-processor
- IP or IR: Oppo BDP-105 (even RS232, but three serial connectors are expensive to find in a single device, I think)
- IR: mySKY HD satellite box
- IR: Sony PS3 (with IR adapter)
- IP: Philips Hue
- Relay: some LED lights (but this is not a priority)
Would there be any better solutions than the GC100?
I've read that the GC100 is an older and slower device than the newer iTach's: I currently have a wifi IR iTach, so my question is... better buying two new serial iTach's or an used GC100? Or a different device?