I am planning my new house construction that will begin later this year. I'm at the planning stage for wiring the whole house for audio distribution. Looking at the plan, I put red circle where I think the speakers should go. Note that there will be a basement with a dedicated home theater ( located under the 1st floor kitchen) with independant audio. I would like to add more speakers in the basement outside the HT for the game room.
Here is what I would like to have/accomplish:
1. Central location in the basement for all the audio/video distribution hardware
2. Having a system that will include these functionality : intercom, door bell, phone.
3. Wall plate and Ipad control capabilities
I need your help to figure out:
1.Does my speaker placement make sense and if there is enough of them. ( for outside on the plan there is some for the patio,but I will also like to add a couple in the pool area as well.?
2. Looking at Nuvo and HTD system, which one will offer all I wanted and would be best for my situation.And what would I need to cover every room in the house?
2a. Any other system for this? I don't see a lot of comments on Nexus system?
3. I am kind of confuse about how many zone vs room I can have on a sytem?
4. Speaker wires, should they be run to the wall plate or to the centralize system in the basement?
5. 1 Cat wire from all wall plates in the home to the centralize location?
6. Looking at the Nuvo concerto system, I see that in the back of the component there are 6 zones where you can connect speaker wires directly, the other 2 zones I don't understand, can you help me clarify?
7. I will use a NAS for my music, how will I connect it to the system for it to recognize that all my music is there?
I think I'll start with that. All your help will be greatly appreciated.