Still some confusion for audio selection (decision has been made update)... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 04-18-2013, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

Ok, I had some exchange with the HTD folks and the iRule folks ( for control) and it seems I am missing something.

My music collection will be stored on a Qnap NAS. I don't understand what I would need to be able to play different CD in different zones with the HTD system ( I think any other system would be the same situation)

The person at HTD told me that I need a player which would be a mede8er player in my case. But am I mistaken thinking that I would only be able to play one CD in all zone? I am kind of confuse about this part.

My goal is to have the possibility from the NAS to play different selection in different zone, how would I do that, can someone explain that to me?

Tx

Stephane

UPDATE :

I found the system I will go for :

Russound MCA-C5 paired with a DMS 3.1 media server their digital media server.

I received confirmation from Russound that I will be able to access my DNLA Qnap NAS with 3 connections at the same time for the 3 audio output so that made my day actually.

I will have to figured out 8 zones instead of the 10 I was looking for and also how zone 7-8 works I have no clue for now but will foind out eventually

Jeff, what do you think about this setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Most media streaming devices, except for servers specifically designed for WHA applications, will only provide one output. So we consider them a single "source" to a WHA system. If you want three streams, you need three sources (devices). If the mede8er device family is your choice, you can add multiple devices, all attached as different sources to your WHA system (HTD or otherwise). They can all easily stream from the same NAS library.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 9 Old 04-18-2013, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post

Most media streaming devices, except for servers specifically designed for WHA applications

Jeff

Can you point me out to these servers?
post #4 of 9 Old 04-18-2013, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Looking at NUVO again, would a MPS4 elite player do the trick with is 4 output?
post #5 of 9 Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephrich1 View Post

Looking at NUVO again, would a MPS4 elite player do the trick with is 4 output?

Yes, that's one of the products specifically designed for WHA systems... 4 outputs, each with individual controls. For non-NuVo systems, Autonomic Controls has a server product that has lots of integration modules for other systems.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 

post #6 of 9 Old 04-19-2013, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post

Yes, that's one of the products specifically designed for WHA systems... 4 outputs, each with individual controls. For non-NuVo systems, Autonomic Controls has a server product that has lots of integration modules for other systems.

Jeff

I checked the autonomic system, I found it great until I saw it was sold through AV installer only. But I am realising that I would be better off with a dedicated server like the MMS-5a for my music to have the capabilities of browsing the collection and to stream different instance in different zone.

I sent an email to the Canadian distributor or dealer ( there was only one) to see if I could get that system and installed it myself. Will see.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 79
The Nuvo MPS4 is made by Autonomic, and has similar functionality to the Autonomic Mirage Media Servers. I think you can use it without a Nuvo controller, though I'm unsure of specifics.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #8 of 9 Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephrich1 View Post

I checked the autonomic system, I found it great until I saw it was sold through AV installer only. But I am realising that I would be better off with a dedicated server like the MMS-5a for my music to have the capabilities of browsing the collection and to stream different instance in different zone.

I sent an email to the Canadian distributor or dealer ( there was only one) to see if I could get that system and installed it myself. Will see.

They can certainly be installed (not much to it, really) DIY. The integration with other systems will depend on those systems' DIY status. But almost all of the products in this category are sold through a dealer network. Find a dealer and talk with them, they'll certainly sell the product - the question is whether you can get a "DIY price" - and a lot of that can depend on assurances you make (and they believe) that you're not going to pester them with questions/issues in exchange for the no-labor-cost discount...

Jeff

post #9 of 9 Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

See my initiale thread comments for the update
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page