HTD, iTunes "source" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-30-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
All,

Finally just got my HTD system setup. I'm going to stream my iTunes library and trying to figure the best way to do this through the HTD unit. Was going to use the Sonos "Connect" but seeing how it's 349$, was wondering if there are other options. Will probably get a Sonos Connect, or 2, to connect to Sirius and Pandora, but what would you consider for streaming iTunes? Thoughts and suggestions, please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-30-2013, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
For an iTunes library housed on a PC / Mac running iTunes - the Apple Airport Express with the Remote app...

If it's stored on a NAS, then the Sonos Connect. Which given the integration of all the Internet streaming sources in addition to the digital library, may be a better answer anyway.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 05-02-2013, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Would you just connect it via the Audio Cable into a Source input on the HTD controller? That's not a bad option for just controlling iTunes, seeing how it's only $99 compared to the SONOS Connect at $349. I plan to get a connect for control of Pandora/XM and other stuff, but then have a dedicated system that would always be streaming iTunes... This good idea?
post #4 of 6 Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsps View Post

Would you just connect it via the Audio Cable into a Source input on the HTD controller?

Yes...
Quote:
That's not a bad option for just controlling iTunes, seeing how it's only $99 compared to the SONOS Connect at $349. I plan to get a connect for control of Pandora/XM and other stuff, but then have a dedicated system that would always be streaming iTunes... This good idea?

If you want a second source for simultaneous use, then it is a cheap way to provide access to the iTunes library. But it is yet another app/control method. The Sonos can get to the digital library, too.

-- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

post #5 of 6 Old 05-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Liked: 10
I have a similiar set up and issue/problem, let us know what you decide and if it works. I was thinking about adding a squeeze box and outputting that to a keypad source and using a cheap tablet running squeezebox app. I want to be able to utilize my library as well as use pandora, slacker, etc as a source
and use my android device as controller.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-08-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

If you don't have a squeezebox device already, you'll be better off with a Sonos Connect as a source. Current / supported product under active development.

Theater build photos:

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page