Whole house audio I can control via serial or an API? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-04-2013, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Something like this (http://www.amazon.com/Russound-Multizone-Controller-Amplifier-System/dp/B001F6CDYY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3) that allows me to control the source selection and volume through an api or something. I want to play certain things went events happen around my house (baby is awake, someone pulled in the driveway) as well as a simple app (i'm making) to switch sources so I don't have keypads in every room. Any thoughts, maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-04-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Take a look at CQC. Find out what multi zone systems integrate well with it - see what others have used. Search the CQC forum.

Another option would be Homeseer, plus a multi zone system.

CQC would be more powerful and flexible that HS, IMO.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, I'm not looking for the software to do it I'm looking for the hardware that supports commands (IR, RS232, etc) so I can send it commands to switch sources, change volume etc. I found this which I like but there doesn't appear to be a way to control it other than their build in keypads and remotes.

http://www.smarthome.com/83585/Channel-Vision-P-1044-4-Source-4-Zone-Cat5-Audio-Matrix-Switcher/p.aspx
post #4 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Most of the WHA systems have interface(s) to allow commands to be entered. Anything that claims "integration" support, or lists any of the automation system vendors as partners will have one or more. NuVo has a published RS232 spec (and IP if you have one of the server products attached), HTD has their protocol documented (I believe you have to request the doc), and I'd expect Russound has theirs published as well.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page