HDMI splitter issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-03-2013, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

first of all, my apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum for this kind of request. In case, please let me know where would be more appropriate to post.

I would like to get some advice on how to deal with an HDMI splitter issue, so here's what's happening.
I have a Sony Vaio notebook with an HDMI out port, and I want to connect an Eizo FS2331 monitor and an European (50hz) Sony KDL-42EX440 TV to it.
In order to connect them, I've got myself a generic HDMI splitter.

Note that all of the 3 screens (notebook, monitor and TV) support a maximum resolution of 1920x1080px.

Everything works fine if I only connect one device to the HDMI port or to the splitter.
If I plug the monitor and TV together with the splitter, any time that I will shut down the notebook, turn off (not in standby) and on the TV or monitor or I'm running an application that temporary resets the screen, what I will get is a resize of the resolution in all of the displays to 800x600 (or lower, don't remember exactly now).

The only way to fix this issue is then to unplug one of the devices from the splitter and reset the screen resolution.

Can anyone enlighten me on why this is happening and if there's a way or a device that will avoid this resolution resize issue?

Thanks for your help!
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page