Russound CAV6.6 help please. Keypads read "No Controler." - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I came home from vacation to find all my keypads don't light up and read "no controler." I know there were bad storms in the area while I was away, and the power did go out on my system. I know this because everything is plugged into a Monster 5100 power center that shuts everything down if the power just blips a little. Everything in the home seems to be working okay, so not sure if it's power / surge related.
I have 6 Uno keypad zones and 4 a-bus sub zones. I get picture in each of the 6 zones, but no sound. I do get sound from the a-bus sub zones.
I disconnected all the cat-5 inputs into the CAV6.6 including disconnecting the a-bus zones. I pulled 3 of the 6 Uno keypads and hooked them up individually to the CAV with a test Cat-5 wire into the front of the CAV. When I do the keypad lights up momentarily as I slide the Cat-5 in, but then goes out and the screen reads "Russound" for a bit then goes blank. After hitting any button or power on the screen reads "No Controler." It's the same on all 3 keypads I tried, so I'm not taking the other 3 out the walls to try them as I'm pretty sure it's the CAV unit.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-13-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Tucker View Post

I came home from vacation to find all my keypads don't light up and read "no controler." I know there were bad storms in the area while I was away, and the power did go out on my system. I know this because everything is plugged into a Monster 5100 power center that shuts everything down if the power just blips a little. Everything in the home seems to be working okay, so not sure if it's power / surge related.
I have 6 Uno keypad zones and 4 a-bus sub zones. I get picture in each of the 6 zones, but no sound. I do get sound from the a-bus sub zones.
I disconnected all the cat-5 inputs into the CAV6.6 including disconnecting the a-bus zones. I pulled 3 of the 6 Uno keypads and hooked them up individually to the CAV with a test Cat-5 wire into the front of the CAV. When I do the keypad lights up momentarily as I slide the Cat-5 in, but then goes out and the screen reads "Russound" for a bit then goes blank. After hitting any button or power on the screen reads "No Controler." It's the same on all 3 keypads I tried, so I'm not taking the other 3 out the walls to try them as I'm pretty sure it's the CAV unit.

Any ideas?

Scott: Same problem here last week. Have you found any info yet?
post #3 of 4 Old 07-14-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Try the rear keypad connections.

If that doesnt work, I'd get the install manual, and start from scratch.

Any sources not plugged into the Monster power thing?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #4 of 4 Old 01-01-2014, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Alexander View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Tucker View Post

Any ideas?

Scott: Same problem here last week. Have you found any info yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

Try the rear keypad connections.

If that doesnt work, I'd get the install manual, and start from scratch.

Any sources not plugged into the Monster power thing?

Wow, so sorry guys for never responding. I guess I never got the email notification of your replies.
I ended up sending the controller back to Russound and they fixed it. I forget what exactly they did, but they simply charge a flat fee of around $450 to fix it. When I got it back, everything worked like normal.

Steve, did you get yours fixed?
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page