AVS Forum banner

i want SONOS but still Need FM

10K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  jautor 
#1 ·
i have 5 Zones 4 in-ceiling speakers and 1 outdoor speakers

all wires goes to equipment room i was about to install sonos but i still need FM stations

is there way to add fm radio to sonons and be able to change stations from iphone or any smart phone

also is there audio distribution system with FM tuner ??

any ideas

#2 ·
Sonos, and other music servers, use the online service RadioTime to provide most FM stations to the player. So, no tuner is usually required.

http://forums.sonos.com/tags.php?tag=radiotime

You can sign up to RadioTime on a PC and stream FM for a few days, to see if it meets your needs, before buying anything.

#3 ·
in my county most of radio stations they don't stream online that's why

#4 ·
In that case, the Sonos Connect / Amp units have an analog audio input, so you can attach an FM tuner to one of them, and it will be available to any Sonos zone. No remote control of the tuner, however.

(and put your location in your forum profile, as you'll get better "local" advice if we know where you are)

#5 ·
i found NV-T2FAM Dual AM/FM Tuner seems do the job

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumati  /t/1476059/i-want-sonos-but-still-need-fm#post_23397805

i found NV-T2FAM Dual AM/FM Tuner seems do the job

As an input to a Sonos unit, yes, it will do - I would expect there are less-expensive FM tuners (any stereo receiver could do the job) than the NuVo piece if you're not going to use a NuVo system...

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor  /t/1476059/i-want-sonos-but-still-need-fm#post_23397874

As an input to a Sonos unit, yes, it will do - I would expect there are less-expensive FM tuners (any stereo receiver could do the job) than the NuVo piece if you're not going to use a NuVo system...

yes you right just got quoted with 495$ and they said For use with Essentia, Grand Concerto and

Renovia Systems

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumati  /t/1476059/i-want-sonos-but-still-need-fm#post_23398854

yes you right just got quoted with 495$ and they said For use with Essentia, Grand Concerto and Renovia Systems

Yep, you'd be paying for a lot of functionality that you won't be using.

Also, FM tuners should be readily available on the used market. There have been a number of good tuners over the years from audio companies. Is there an "eBay Local" site for Libya?

#9 ·
there is no ebay local site also paypal wont accept libyan credit card

i think i will use A/V receiver

#10 ·
A built in tuner would be nice for one reason, sports. You can't listen to games via the online version of the broadcasting radio station. I end up using a a small mp3 player, but that's just Fm. And I have to remember to turn it on/off. Some games are AM so that idea is limited. And I'm not buying a connect to plug into my receiver just for radio.

So the idea of having an actual tuner built in isn't so far fetched.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.