Create an in-house over the air system? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-08-2013, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I used to work at Best Buy, and we had all our programming for several different sections of products running over coax. I assume the company some how created an in house air system. i.e. When we would put a new TV up for display, we would just screw on the coax, do a simple channel search, and the four different feeds would be available as over-the-air signals. Like, our main channel for all the TVs in home theater was 41.1 or something like that... So it looks like the signal is coming from an antenna, but it's not. I am wondering how to do this on a smaller level? Like for example for my church, if I wanted to make a signal available coming out of a switcher for the whole church building on 5.1, how would I do that? Or is it even possible. Just using the church as an example but I have many different applications that I'd like to use it for, including at home. They also have an in-house cable system set up at the TV station I work at.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-08-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 335
For HD you need an ATSC or QAM modulator and these are not cheap (like the old analog SD days...).

ZeeVee has a whole line of products - start around $800 per channel.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page