Can it work -TV main floor, receiver and rest in basement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'll be building new wall for my TV and I was thinking if I could have the TV on the wall, and run a conduit for all wires to go to basement and have the rest of my components there.
I'm mainly thinking about signal from remotes and if I'll be able to turn on my HTPC without walking to basement and pressing power button.
Here's my components.

-TV
-HTPC with wireless keyboard
-PS3
-DVD
-Denon Receiver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
That's pretty much what I have except the wires all run from the whole house audio and tv to the basement then back to the main floor in a distant headend cabinet. I simply used a Sewell In wall IR repeater system for the components. You have some extra challenges though with the game system and keyboard. I don't have either of those so don't know if they are IR or? As for the receiver then, I can control mine with my tv remote because of CEC, the AVR remote (of corse) and the Iphone/Ipad/Android AVR app from anywhere within wifi range. The App also can control the TV and of course the TV itself also has a phone app too. I really only need my phone to control most functions. The only thing that I can't control is each individual set of speakers in each room and so then I have volume control knobs in each room. I'd have to have a true whole house audio Sonos or similar system to do that. The era of wifi apps has made control much simpler.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page