Outdoor Audio Volume Switch with Bluetooth - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-03-2013, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

I am looking at putting in a Zone 2 audio in my breezeway between my house and garage. I would like to get a volume switch that would also allow friends/family to plug, through bluetooth if possible, their phones in to play their own music as well. Right now my living room is running a Onkyo TX-NR515 which I was going to use the powered Zone 2 of to run the two Polk RC80i speakers.

Monoprice has a volume control with bluetooth and analog ports: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10903&cs_id=1090306&p_id=10222&seq=1&format=2

Not many reviews on this, can anyone recommend this or something like this? or is there a better way in general to do this without breaking the bank?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I use BT in a couple of our rooms. First thing to consider is range. Since BT is only good for 20 - 30 feet, make sure the receiver is centrally located - otherwise you might have static or choppy sound if the person with the phone wanders too far away from the BT receiver.

I use this: http://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-enabled-Bluetooth-Receiver-System/dp/B009OBCAW2 and it works really well. The NFC function is great if people have phones with NFC (most Samsungs). They just touch their phone to it and they are paired. People without NFC can manually pair with it.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-03-2013, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply. That is a really cool device that I haven't seen before.

The monoprice one has the bluetooth built into the volume switch I can put on the wall of my breezeway. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with that or something like it?
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page