Looking for A/V component with these dimensions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a cheap security DVR in my middle atlantic rack without a proper sized face plate. Since it is cheap I don't feel like sending it in to Middle Atlantic to be measured and was wondering if anybody knew a good way to find a different component with these dimensions that MA might already have a face plate for. The DVR is 12.5" wide x 2.5" tall. I realize if I can find on it won't look perfect but it will look better than the way it currently does (open face). If anybody knows of a device or a good way to figure this out I'd appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-08-2013, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Local place might cut up a blank plate for you - metal CNC/laser cutting/fabrication shop. I'll ask a buddy in Chicago for a rec.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 6 Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 303
If you call Middle Atlantic, they will send you a form which you can fill out and send to them and they will make a plate to the dimensions that you write down. They take no liability at all if you mess it up, but they will do this.

I have done this in the past with a Gefen piece I needed done and they did a very good job. They don't round corners or anything like that, but they got the height, width, and offset correct.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 79
TonyNo from Cocoontech.com forums suggests Westmont Metal Manufacturing http://www.westmontmetal.com/, for a local shop to try.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #5 of 6 Old 07-08-2013, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post

If you call Middle Atlantic, they will send you a form which you can fill out and send to them and they will make a plate to the dimensions that you write down. They take no liability at all if you mess it up, but they will do this.

I have done this in the past with a Gefen piece I needed done and they did a very good job. They don't round corners or anything like that, but they got the height, width, and offset correct.

I'm not a dealer, do you know if they will do this for general customers?
post #6 of 6 Old 07-08-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 303
If they won't talk to you, shoot me a message and I will get you the form.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page