Using Wireless HDMI instead of doing a HDMI run/drop for new PJ install - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
About to install a PJ in my dedicated media room, but when the room was built a HDMI cable was not pre-wired.

So, I can either have the installer do a physical cable run (mabye 30' total) or he mentioned using a wireless HDMI setup. The PJ will be ceiling mounted about 14' from the screen. All my wiring is below the screen for speakers, sat, internet, etc.

Can't seem to find much info on 'wireless HDMI' products. Any suggestions of things that work and will provide the same audio/visual quality as a hard wire?

Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-16-2013, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
You're better off doing a new drop. And if you're only going about 30', you might be able to do that yourself. That's actually a very short run that you should be able to accomplish with fish tape. And if you pick up some of the slim Redmere HDMI cables from Monoprice, it will make running the drop even easier.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-16-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 61
HDMI.org wont sanction any ‘wireless’ HDMI products – look for ‘Wireless HD’ instead! (www.whdi.org being one version)

There are lots of them out there – just be prepared to have a few false starts before you find something which is trouble-free in your installation and don’t assume you won’t have to revert to wires!

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

post #4 of 4 Old 07-16-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 365
If you didn't run HDMI to the projector location - what WAS run? Component video? Any Cat5e? There are HDMI-over- products that will be more reliable than wireless, and may be cheaper than having a wire pulled (assuming you don't have decent access to just run one...)

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page