Nuvo Grand Concerto OLED Keypad Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-21-2013, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are two ports on the back of the NV-18GCP keypad. One is labeled NV-18GLSA and the other Nuvonet. I assume I should plug the Cat5 cable from the EZ Port into the Nuvonet port -correct? What is the purpose of the other port?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-21-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 79
The other port is for a trigger to an unamplifies local source interrupt (LSI) switch or local source amplifier (LSA) switch, sending a signal to the switch to let it know the zone is active or not.

Check the manuals for specifics.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 7 Old 07-21-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

At a minimum, you should read the manuals. I've also seen some online video tutorials, at one time or another.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #4 of 7 Old 07-21-2013, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are the manuals available online? The only manual that came with the system was the Installation Guide and it is not at all detailed.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-21-2013, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRide View Post

Are the manuals available online? The only manual that came with the system was the Installation Guide and it is not at all detailed.

Really? I thought the installation manual was quite comprehensive... There may be a few things that could be improved about it, but all the info is in there... Stuff about the keypads and the Local Source Interrupt / Amplifier is on page 27 of the manual linked below...

http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/8270gms.pdf

Smarthome has been good about keeping these online - NuVo has them on their dealer site now. The version I have is just a few pages longer - it looks like they took out some of the (discontinued?) accessory references (but only ~3 pages total).

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #6 of 7 Old 07-22-2013, 02:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I can't find a copy of the newest LSA40 wiring diagram, online, but it's slightly more detailed than the diagram in the GC manual.

post #7 of 7 Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

This is the only LSA40 wiring diagram I can find.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parts-express.com%2Fpdf%2F300-856m.pdf&ei=gU7tUe3jHsep4AOrtIDgDA&usg=AFQjCNGr29uyciusxGwKI-aHfixeo7vQmQ

The keypad connection now uses an RJ45, brown pair IIRC.

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page