Monoprice Hdbaset - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-23-2013, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just saw these new hdbaset products and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10914

was looking at the 4x2 matrix with one receiver. I have a couple questions if someone here can answer them.

the 2 outputs are 1 hdmi and 1 hdbaset.

The are outputs always displaying the same input?

Also how do I switch the input of the matrix switch? Through the IR on the extender.

The price is really attractive, are there any others in this price range or close?

Thanks

Just realized that there is no 3d pass through and loss less audio.

any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Any switcher that is advertised as a 'MATRIX' means that the two outputs are independent of each other. So, output 1 can be different from output 2.

Which product are you saying doesn't support 3D or lossless audio? HDBaseT certainly supports both of those, and the 4x2 HDMI Matrix specifically advertises that level of support. Whether or not BOTH of your displays do is a different story.

Control would typically be from an IR repeater from the remote unit, which makes sense.

These units typically are 'spotty' at this price point. While it may seem pricey, it really isn't, and you will run into blanking whenever any switching occurs as well as potential HDCP and EDID issues which are left to sources and destinations to make up their mind about how things are allowed to work. Always a 'shot in the dark' type of product, and I expect 30%+ of all people will be reporting some level of error with it. Not exactly the type of reliability that I want to have to explain to my wife or kids.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page