Hmmm....makes these following statements from their manual very misleading...
1. ￼Equipped with a Multi-Zone Function 3 source, 3 zone output (incl.HDMI output for ZONE2)
This unit is equipped with a multi-zone function, so you can enjoy separate sound sources in three rooms including MAIN ZONE. Furthermore, this unit is equipped with an HDMI ZONE2 OUT connector, so you can play back in ZONE2 a video that is different from the one played back in MAIN ZONE.
2. When a TV is connected to the HDMI ZONE2 OUT connector, you can play back a video or audio from the device connected to the HDMI 1 - 6 IN connector in ZONE2 ( vpage 103).
3. You can operate this unit so as to enjoy audio in a room (ZONE2, ZONE3) other than the MAIN ZONE (room where the unit is located).
• You can simultaneously play back the same source in both the MAIN ZONE, ZONE2 and ZONE3. You can also play back separate sources in the MAIN ZONE, ZONE2 and ZONE3.
• When a TV is connected to the HDMI ZONE2 OUT connector, you can play back a video or audio from the device connected to the HDMI 1 - 6 IN connector in ZONE2 (HDMI ZONE2 function).
The source selected for ZONE2 is also output from the recording output connectors (MEDIA PLAYER).
The following restrictions apply to the HDMI ZONE2 function.
• If you select a same input source for MAIN ZONE and ZONE2, audio playback may be restricted or video
may be interrupted.
• Video may not be output depending on the resolution of the TV used for MAIN ZONE and ZONE2. In this
case, use your player to set the resolution of the TV.
• The HDMI audio signals for the input source selected in ZONE2 are output from the ZONE2 speakers.
• When HDMI ZONE2 function is used, you cannot set the following: Pic Adjust, Auto Lip Sync, Video Mode, Video Conversion, i/p Scaler, progressive mode, aspect ratio, setup menu display