Master Bath Speaker Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2013, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One of the Nuvo zones I'm planning for is the Master Bath / Laundry. The laundry room is behind a pocket door off the master bath. I was planning on placing one speaker in the bath and one in the laundry. The bath is approximately 9 x 12. Should I wire the speakers as left / right or use two voice-coil speakers? How would I wire the voice-coils as one zone?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 379
I would wire a stereo pair in the bathroom, and a DVC in the laundry area (assuming it's a small room). You may need an impedance matching selector back at the head end as two pairs will be below the 6-ohm rating of the NuVo system amp.
sbex55 likes this.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Old 10-23-2013, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post

I would wire a stereo pair in the bathroom, and a DVC in the laundry area (assuming it's a small room). You may need an impedance matching selector back at the head end as two pairs will be below the 6-ohm rating of the NuVo system amp.

Thanks. For 'impedance matching selector' all I can find are boxes with speaker selector buttons. Could you point me to one?

I have another speaker wiring question. I have an area (under the outside soffit) where my friend wants 3 speakers. It's an L-shaped deck where he wants 2 speakers in the longer leg (20') of the deck/soffit and the other speaker in the shorter leg (8'). Should I put a stereo pair in the longer leg and a DVC in the shorter one?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbex55 View Post

Thanks. For 'impedance matching selector' all I can find are boxes with speaker selector buttons. Could you point me to one?

Those are exactly what I've used. RadioShack of all places has a cheap one... You just set the buttons once and never touch them.
Quote:
I have another speaker wiring question. I have an area (under the outside soffit) where my friend wants 3 speakers. It's an L-shaped deck where he wants 2 speakers in the longer leg (20') of the deck/soffit and the other speaker in the shorter leg (8'). Should I put a stereo pair in the longer leg and a DVC in the shorter one?

Sounds reasonable, but for open areas like a deck I'd rather have "more" speakers to get a consistent sound level. Meaning, put two pairs instead of the DVC.
sbex55 likes this.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Old 10-23-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!