From tablet Computer (Android, Windows, or Ipad) or Homeseer to in wall speakers without receiver. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-25-2013, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Background:

I am designing my system and I am going to be using Homeseer Pro through a designated computer to power most of my home accessories, but am also using their tablet app to instal a small tablet in 4 different rooms to control the system as well.

Question:

I would like to use the tablet to control the audio in a particular room or the whole home audio as well. I am thinking that I can use automatic speaker level switched to control the source that comes through the speakers but here is my issue.

Is there a way to go straight from the tablet to an amplifier to power in wall speakers without adding another A/V receiver. I want a nice clean look and do not want to have to get a big receiver to simply serve as a go between from the tablet music and the speakers. I know that a tablet does not have sufficient power to play the speakers to my liking.

The tablets have bluetooth. Can that be used?

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Skill Level:

I can figre out about anything, but am not a computer programmer or electrical engineer. If you could say the specific devices that I need and how to run them or wire them up that would be immenslt beneficial. I have wired three home theaters into my home and am decent at computers but do not necessarily understand over the top tech language. Thank you.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page