Gear Reccomendations for Complete Home A/V Systems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-26-2013, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi All

I've been using/installing Russound for years and not only did we just loose our distributors, they've discontinued doing any sort of video distribution.

I would like to know if any of you have found a "complete" a/v distribution system with zone keypads that have IR.  I would prefer to find something (other than control4) that actually allows for multi-source/multi-zone HDMI distribution and includes zone amplification.  So far most of my searches have come up with a multitude of HDMI matrix's to choose from but nothing "complete" with keypads, baluns and zone amplification.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-26-2013, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Well, practically speaking the Russound switching gear wasn't HD-capable, so it's been functionally obsolete for quite a while...

There are no mid-tier systems that incorporate HDMI / HD distribution with WHA. A lot of reasons, and a lot of cost involved. For me, that type of product would not have made sense to me as I have a number of audio-only zones, and in most cases, want video separate from the WHA system even within the same zone.

Most economical way to proceed these days is with an appropriate HDMI distribution system, and a separate WHA solution, with connections from some sources to both systems. Or step up to Control4.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page