HDMI switches - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am getting my Xbox One on November 22nd and need to find a 3 input and 3 output HDMI switch so I can play my Xbox when my wife wants to watch TV. The switch must be capable of matching any input with any output and not lower picture quality noticeably. I also need it to be relatively inexpensive I would like it to be under $50 or $100 for sure as I have blown my budget this month.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 64
‘Does anyone have any recommendations?’ – set your sights on a decent 1x2 Distribution Amp and use a second Input on the ‘shared’ TV.

A half decent 4x4 HDMI Matrix is going to cost a lot more than $100.

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

Old 10-30-2013, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 96
This one from Monoprice is probably going to be your best bet. I haven't used it, but do use a lot of other Monoprice items with success.

The one caveat with lower priced switches like these is they reduce they reduce the resolution and sound to the lowest common denominator, e.g., if you have three 1080 sets and one 720, the switch will reduce the resolution on all the outputs to 720. Same with audio, even if you have a 5.1 in one room and stereo into a TV, all the rooms will just get stereo.

Read through the reviews to be sure you understand what you're getting. Like Joe said, a good HDMI switch will run you quite a bit more than you would like to spend right now. However, this might be good enough to get you by. They also have a pretty good return policy.

-

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?