Problem if closeness of audio wires and cat6 versus electricial wires - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-02-2014, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I am under construction of my house, the drywall is not on yet. The electrician pass all his wires. I am returned to the stage to pass all the wires for my system of multi-sound rooms(htd and hdmi switch). I have + \-2000ft of audio wires and + \-2000ft of cat6 to pass. To facilitate the passage of wires, I intended to pass them along the electricity wires and passing in the same holes in 2x4 and to veneer. is there a contraindication to make it? Most part of the cat6 will be for the control of the multi-audio system rooms, but others will also be for of video.

Besides, another question in passing, for video, I intend to have the only one straightaway in the mechanical room and to send the video signal to Tv via a switch hdmi 4x4. It will require to use video wires 70ft of length. What do you guys do in this situation? you use long hdmi or 2 cat6 with this kind of thing?

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10425&cs_id=1042501&p_id=8009&format=2&utm_expid=58369800-11.KFcpHWqASSutMqNPOqaJVg.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I try to keep LV wiring 12" or more away from HV wiring and when such wiring intersects I try to cross them at right angles.

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page