NuVo Keypads on one zone. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 05-05-2014, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't remember whether this topic has been discussed before but a "search" was unsuccessful.

Can you and if so how do you add a second NuVo NV-18GCP touch screen keypad? My example would be where you've added a impedance matching speaker selector to split a zone to master bedroom and bathroom ensuite but want a keypad in both locations to operate the same zone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-05-2014, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dream View Post

Can you and if so how do you add a second NuVo NV-18GCP touch screen keypad? My example would be where you've added a impedance matching speaker selector to split a zone to master bedroom and bathroom ensuite but want a keypad in both locations to operate the same zone.

Yes, you can assign multiple keypads to a single zone. You can also assign multiple zones (sub-zones) to a single keypad...

But avoid that if you can - especially in the example you cite... Accidentally turning on a bedroom zone because you forgot to change the speaker selector can be hazardous to your health. biggrin.gif
My Dream likes this.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #3 of 10 Old 05-05-2014, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply jautor, in my case it will be a Audioplex, A-B impedence matching speaker selector without the combination of the A+B so either the bedroom or bathroom speakers will be on at once. What I would like is to control both sets of speakers via one keypad which you say can be done.

Anyone care to share how to wire this up via a NuVo GC and the NV-18GCP pad, I would imagine the speaker selector wiring would remain the same?
post #4 of 10 Old 05-05-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What I would like is to control both sets of speakers via one keypad which you say can be done.

You said the opposite (doesn't matter, as both cases work) - two keypads to manage one zone.
Quote:
Anyone care to share how to wire this up via a NuVo GC and the NV-18GCP pad, I would imagine the speaker selector wiring would remain the same?

You just add another keypad to the system, same as if it were in another zone. The assignment to the zone is done via the keypad menu, in the Advanced Keypad settings for "slave to zone" ...
My Dream likes this.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
post #5 of 10 Old 05-06-2014, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Jautor;

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, two keypads to monitor one zone, I've just added a speaker selector to manage two sets of speakers, but as you say, that's after the fact.

So if it's zone 1 then just assign the second keypad also to "zone 1" in the "slave to zone" menu?
post #6 of 10 Old 05-06-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So if it's zone 1 then just assign the second keypad also to "zone 1" in the "slave to zone" menu?

Yep. It's all covered in the manual under the "'Advanced Zone Options" (or whatever it's called) section...
My Dream likes this.

post #7 of 10 Old 05-06-2014, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply jautor, I'm now in search of a keypad to add to a zone that's not installed yet............smile.gif
post #8 of 10 Old 05-06-2014, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the reply jautor, I'm now in search of a keypad to add to a zone that's not installed yet............smile.gif

They come up on eBay quite often for ~$100-150.
My Dream likes this.

post #9 of 10 Old 05-06-2014, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

I've never seen new ones for $150.00 but on occasion do see them around the $150.00 including shipping for used ones. Maybe I'll get lucky..........thanks.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-06-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've never seen new ones for $150.00 but on occasion do see them around the $150.00 including shipping for used ones. Maybe I'll get lucky..........thanks.

I've bought 4 of them new off eBay over the years for <$120 each, by just setting a saved search and not rushing to buy one... But I'd have no reservations buying a used one for less as long as the listing said it worked (such that eBay buyer protection would cover it if it didn't), or the seller had a return policy.
My Dream likes this.

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page