1Likes
  • 1 Post By jautor

post #1 of 3 Old 06-15-2014, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nuvo NV-T2FXG V2 Dual Tuner Question

If you don't set up the xm portion of the T2 tuner, can you still set it up so that 2 zones can pick up am/fm/weather stations? Or is one side of the tuner specific to am/fm/weather and the other for xm?

In other words, if the xm satellite section isn't activated is this tuner still a dual am/fm/weather for two source and able to play two zones at once?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-15-2014, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Separate tuners in one box... One XM, one AM/FM/Weather.

Since you already have the MPS4 - you have most of the functionality anyway. Most AM/FM radio stations are also on the Internet (see Local Radio in the MPS4), and the MPS4 also supports SiriusXM streaming. And that gets you more stations than the satellite, too.
My Dream likes this.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #3 of 3 Old 06-15-2014, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply jautor;

I'm not very pc savy and at the moment I can't seem to get the MPS4 to work. I thought if I could purchase a Nuvo NV-T2FXG V2 Dual Tuner, at least I could get radio station. Also I checked and in Canada Pandora and I believe Radio Time aren't free, so those channels wouldn't be available to me. Recently in anticipation of the NuVo set up I changed over to unlimited internet, but maybe that was premature.

In conclusion, if local Canadian Radio stations are available and I do have unlimited internet then the T2 Tuner won't be needed.......... if I'm able to get the MPS4 is up and running. The only other problem I can anticipate is any amount of lag from my internet provider.

At the moment I'm just so frustrated, but believe me when I say ......I do appreciate all your replies.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page