Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-06-2014, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help setting up WHA in 3 zones

Hey folks,

I'm moving into a new town house with wired speakers in 3 zones and need help setting up a system that will be best suited for our needs. I found this forum which is similar but I'm hoping to clarify a couple things that are more central to our needs.

I'll list what the house is coming with and what I'm hoping to achieve for each room. I believe all rooms will have volume control knobs set up on the walls, and I'm not sure but all of the wiring might be localized in the basement (still waiting to find that out).

Also fwiw I currently own a Pioneer 1021K which I would like to use if possible (as to save on buying a whole new AVR) and we will be using Telus OPTIK TV (we're Canadian eh).

Zone 1 - basement home theatre-ish room
Wired 5.1 (incl sub)
Cable, Apple TV, Stream Music from Apple devices
Zone 2 - family/dining room/Kitchen

Cable, Apple TV, Stream Music from Apple devices
Zone 3 - Master bedroom
Wired 2 channel
Stream Music from apple devices (with potential to add Cable & Apple TV later)

From what I have read SONOS seems to be a popular choice but it seems like it is too limited to offer an Video support and if I use the only line in for the Cable box then I'm SOL for apple (they don't support airplay natively??)

The cable set up (Telus Optik) set up comes with one PVR (will be set up in the basement) and has WIFI receivers for the other rooms (just setting up one in the living room for now). We own and use Apple TV for movies/Netflix/Music ext).

All three zones need to be able to play different sources as the wife has been dealing with sports on our only tv as the main fare for too long (apartment life).

Something tells me there isn't a real easy way to set this up for a modest price is there?

Thanks for any help

Perry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-07-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Pugh View Post
From what I have read SONOS seems to be a popular choice but it seems like it is too limited to offer an Video support and if I use the only line in for the Cable box then I'm SOL for apple (they don't support airplay natively??)
Video? You're asking about a "Whole House Audio" system...

A 3-zone AVR would fit your audio needs. Several brands include Airplay, or an Airport Express can be added as a source for $99. But once you have the network-capable AVR / system - you probably won't stream FROM the mobile devices as much...

For distributing cableTV and AppleTV - just buy units for those rooms.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
avr , newbie , streaming , whole home audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page