Nuvo P3100 Questions - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-15-2014, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Nuvo P3100 Questions

Hi All. Been reading up on this forum the past few days and wow... what a wealth of information and knowledge you all have. I am currently building a new house and want to do a whole home audio system. I believe the Nuvo P3100 is what I'm looking for but I had a couple of questions that I have been trying to find answers to and have been unsuccessful up to this point. I'm looking to accomplish 3 zones\ 3 sources right off the bat with upgrade capabilities 6 zones \ 6 sources and have complete control from my tablet and smartphone. We dont do a ton of streaming, but some... most of our music we have digitally saved to a computer. I understand the P3100 can play my digital library, but how will this computer be seen by the system? Is it a single source? My main worry is that if I'm listening to a file in zone 1, and my wife wants to listen to a file in zone 2, that she wont be able to because that computer is a single "source". Can I listen to 3 different songs in 3 different zones from the same digital library from a single computer? Also, was looking for speaker recommendations.. Definitely wanted to do in ceiling, something that sounds nice but doesnt break the budget, just a pair per zone, and all rooms are just normal sized. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-15-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Each zone can access the library independently. It's just a file share being accessed by the device(s) - no problem playing three files in three different zones.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #3 of 7 Old 07-15-2014, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome, that is just what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for confirming, I really appreciate it. Any recommendations on a good set of in ceiling speakers to pair with the system? We were hoping to stay under 500 a pair. Thanks!
post #4 of 7 Old 07-15-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddixs80 View Post
Awesome, that is just what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for confirming, I really appreciate it. Any recommendations on a good set of in ceiling speakers to pair with the system? We were hoping to stay under 500 a pair. Thanks!
That's a very healthy budget for in-ceiling speakers! Many folks here have used the ultra-cheap Monoprice models, which I haven't heard personally, but they are of similar construction to speakers at much higher price points. I would avoid anything 'off-brand' bought at the big-box home improvement centers. Polk is a good low-cost choice, but I've been most pleased with either Boston Acoustics or Definitive Technology among my in-ceiling speaker purchases.

If you want to start cheap, go with a 6.5" speaker, as that cut-out size range will allow you to easily upgrade later to other 6.5" or 8" speakers. Starting with cheap 8" speakers might leave you with a big hole that you'll find limiting when it comes to swap out later.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #5 of 7 Old 07-15-2014, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I 2nd the Polk in-ceilings, I used the 70RT model in my house for audio only rooms and video with two channel audio areas and they sound great.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-15-2014, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Great thanks, I really appreciate it. Yes, no doubt if I can get good speakers for less than that... I'm all about that! I had looked into definitive technologies and they look really nice, but I like that idea. I'll give something small and low cost a shot first and can always go up from there. I really appreciate the help. Please feel free to chime in any other advice you might have.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-16-2014, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'll just add that I've had good experience with Polk's in the past as well. However on my last few installs, I've gone with the Yamaha NS-IC600 speakers (link), and really like them. To me they have cleaner more crsip sound. Polk & Yamaha are very good budget friendly options; JBL, Klipsch, Def Tech are some good slightly pricier options.

Let us know how the P3100 install turns out!

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11
Reply Home A/V Distribution
Gear in this thread - P3100 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page