WHA with source control from keypads - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-19-2014, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
WHA with source control from keypads

I've been researching WHA for the past couple weeks and mostly I find a something interesting and go "wow, that's another company I've never heard of" so it's a little difficult to sort everything out and directly search for products. Can folks provide names of products that have source level control from the keypads, like some Russound and NuVo solutions. I'd like each zone to be able to not just select source and control volume, but play/pause, seek, etc.
For bonus points, I like that one of the NuVo products has teachable IR control of source components. Are there other products with similar interfacing with unlike-branded sources or any that can create RS-232 macros to be initiated from the keypads that control source components and read back metadata from unlike-branded sources? I'll understand if this last one is "yeah...get a Crestron" and I'll just have to live without.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-19-2014, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Autonomic has their own system that can use wall-mounted iPods as keypads.

There are other WHA systems with IR learning, but not with metadata keypads / displays. Honestly, the IR pass-through isn't particularly useful any more, as the digital library / streaming service becomes the most source for playback. And the matching AM/FM/Sat tuners for those systems would have native support. The only thing I can think of that would still be a likely source to control by learned IR at the keypad would be a cable/sat set-top box (used for TV audio in non-video zones).

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page