No signal to tv's - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-20-2014, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No signal to tv's

ok-here goes. not an electronics genius; will try to explain my problem. my old fta box had an out to tv jack. my new one does not. my house is prewired with coax to tv's. how do i get signal to tv's. my new box has lnb out, usb, hdmi out, rca ports, rs, lan ports. it is a dreamlink t-5 if that would help. hope this is posted in correct forum and someone can help me. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-20-2014, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 22
You can use the HDMI port to connect to whichever TV is co-located with the box and get HD. For all the other TVs, you're going to need to use an RF modulator from the composite video and stereo output jacks, and you'll only get SD (which is all you got with your older box).

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-NRFM100...dp/B005BCBK9W/
post #3 of 8 Old 07-20-2014, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
You can use the HDMI port to connect to whichever TV is co-located with the box and get HD. For all the other TVs, you're going to need to use an RF modulator from the composite video and stereo output jacks, and you'll only get SD (which is all you got with your older box).

thanks for reply-my main tv does not have hdmi port-older tv. any other options? cannot feed it with rca if i use them to feed modulator.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-20-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefivem View Post
thanks for reply-my main tv does not have hdmi port-older tv. any other options? cannot feed it with rca if i use them to feed modulator.
Is it an HD TV? If not, just feed it with the output of the modulator like all the other TVs. If it is, then it'll have component inputs, which the receiver has. You'll just need to use splitter cables for the audio to feed both the TV and the modulator.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-20-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post

Just note that this is an NTSC device. Since the OP mentioned "FTA", he may not be in the US or Canada... For non-HD sets, the OP may need the equivalent PAL device depending on the country.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #6 of 8 Old 07-20-2014, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post
Just note that this is an NTSC device. Since the OP mentioned "FTA", he may not be in the US or Canada... For non-HD sets, the OP may need the equivalent PAL device depending on the country.

Jeff
i am in the UNITED STATES. ok-so i need splitter rca cables to feed my primary tv and the modulator-correct? thanks
post #7 of 8 Old 07-20-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
i am in the UNITED STATES. ok-so i need splitter rca cables to feed my primary tv and the modulator-correct? thanks
Maybe. Is your primary TV HD? Does it have component inputs? If not, just use a coax splitter and feed it like you used to.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-20-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Probably will work for the audio, possibly to probably not for video. Video jacks are terminated with a 75 Ohm resistor so connecting to two of them will cut the signal to each in half.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page