Airplay with Russound DMS 3.1 and MCA-C5 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2014, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Airplay with Russound DMS 3.1 and MCA-C5

I've been searching around for a bit and have not found anything specifying the details of how they "seamlessly" integrate concerning selecting a zone. So, to all those with experience with these devices please chime in -

Currently I have the Russound MCA-C5 with no keypads being controlled via Open Remote and I want to play itunes playlists without switching between apps. So I'm looking at the DMS 3.1 but I would like to know before spending $1200+ if I will be able to select airplay AND which zone to stream to from itunes on an iphone without having to switch between apps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sorry to be a site noob and bump my own thread, but could someone possibly chime in on whether or not the different zones of the c series amp show up when you try to change streaming destination in itunes on an iphone/ipod/ipad with the dms 3.1? I know that I can expect to see the dms 3.1 show up in the list, but I would like to know if it will show the possible zones of the c series amp, not just show itself.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 477
If I read your question correctly, no, you probably still have to switch apps. The Airplay receiver function in the Russound DMS is likely just considered a 'source' that can be connected to any combination of zones via the controller. So in iTunes you'll just see one Airplay target for 'Russound DMS' (something like that).

Now, that said, why not just use the DMS's built-in digital library support (DLNA) and play the files from there, controlling everything from the Russound app? Not sure if it supports iTunes playlists, but it probably has support for playlists of one type or another...

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht