Big prewire! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-30-2014, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Big prewire!

The company I work for is wrapping up a big prewire in a 12,000 s.f. house. It kind of blows my mind that we ran 3500 feet of 14/4 & 1500 feet of 14/2--that's a lot of speaker wire!

We wired for 30 pairs of speakers (not including the pool/basketball court, which will most likely be 70v) making up 23 zones of audio. We wired 18 locations for HD video distribution (1 Cat6, 2x Cat5e, 1 RG-6Q). There is a dedicated theater that was wired for 9.2 surround.

The house was wired with Control4 in mind, so we have 16 in-wall touchpanel locations (the client is excited about the intercom feature), six keypad locations, and the door station.

We wired for 12 cameras, as well as a full security system (13 doors, 6 motion detectors, smokes to code, CO detectors to code). We also ran wire for 4 garage door contacts & for control of each door at the motors. We also wired for driveway sensors.

The bundle of wire at the headend is bigger than my calf--and the coax, phone lines, & security wiring are at the other end of the house! Been doing this 10 years and it's the most wire I've ever pulled in one house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-31-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Pics or it didn't happen!

(I know you probably can't / shouldn't post those...)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page