Bought house today - I have to wire before weekend
Hello. I just bought a new home. It's currently framed up. Insulation will go in on Thursday. Builder wanted too much for wiring, but said I could do it myself if I wanted. Thus far, there is a panel box with 2 runs of cat5e wire but that's it.
Here's what I want, but I'm also lost as to what I need.
- Surround sound wiring in bonus room. I'm good here. I'm putting in 14 gauge wiring.
- I would like 2 in-ceiling speakers on the covered porch. I just want to wire it for now, and install everything else later. What do I need?
- I want to put 2 in-ceiling speakers in the kitchen. I was thinking of running the 4 in ceiling speakers (patio & kitchen) to the pantry. That's the central spot for these two areas. Good idea?
- I would like wire for security cameras to be installed sometime in the future. I want one on front porch, back porch and over garage. What do I need to wire this? Would all wires lead back to the main panel box where all the other cat5e reside?
- The kitchen, and dining room are on opposite side of house from panel box. I was thinking of putting a cat5e run from panel box over to area over ceiling for a wifi signal. Good idea?
- I was going to have 4 cat5 runs from bonus room to panel box.
- I was going to have a cat5 run to garage.
- at least one cat5 run to each bedroom
Anything else you guys can recommend? Thanks!!!!