Help with Peripheral Protocol Adapter for NuVoNet Adapter (NV-NNA) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-10-2014, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with Peripheral Protocol Adapter for NuVoNet Adapter (NV-NNA)

I’ve got a home automation system and I’m trying to integrate my Nuvo Essentia keypads to launch scenes. I’ve got a NuVoNet Adapter (NV-NNA) and want to inject menus into the keypads. Nuvo has two types of integration for the NV-NNA, a “Source Adapter” and a “Peripheral Adapter”. I wrote code for both, but I can only get the menu items to show up in the sources; not for the Peripheral. Has anyone out there ever written peripheral adapter integration? I’m working off of Nuvo’s” Peripheral Protocol for NuVoNet Adapter” document without any luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-10-2014, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 357
I've tried and haven't been able to get the Peripheral support to work, either. If I remember where I last left it, I was able to insert menu items into the main menu, but never received the menu keys nor anything else. I was going to send my program to NuVo to see if they could get it to work... When I talked to their support about the issue a while ago, it didn't sound like anyone had used the Peripheral support since LifeWare - so I suspect it got broken in some release a long time ago and was never fixed...

Source support works fine, though.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 08-11-2014, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for the quick response. I had opened a ticket a few months back. They looked at my code and said everything looked fine. I could tell they didn't get too many requests on this, but you gave some additional information that I didn't get. In my case, I can't even get anything to show up in the menus. My understanding with a "Peripheral" is that the menu item would show up in all the menus when you first hit the "Menu" key. Is that correct?

When you had written code to try to do it, were you using the sample code from the API document or something else. I'd be interested in seeing any commands you used, especially for the setup of the menu commands.

If in fact there is a problem, do you have any interest in using this now? Looks like there's two of us potentially having problems.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-11-2014, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantwow View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I had opened a ticket a few months back. They looked at my code and said everything looked fine. I could tell they didn't get too many requests on this, but you gave some additional information that I didn't get. In my case, I can't even get anything to show up in the menus. My understanding with a "Peripheral" is that the menu item would show up in all the menus when you first hit the "Menu" key. Is that correct?
Correct. And even then I couldn't get the menu items to show up reliably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantwow View Post
When you had written code to try to do it, were you using the sample code from the API document or something else. I'd be interested in seeing any commands you used, especially for the setup of the menu commands.
I wrote my own Python code, but it uses the same commands from the API document. If I want NuVo to look at it, I'd strip it down to just the peripheral registration and menu commands and have them take a look from there. It is good to hear it's not just me!

Quote:
If in fact there is a problem, do you have any interest in using this now? Looks like there's two of us potentially having problems.
Well, I've worked around the issue for now, I've been playing with the source interface for quite a while...

Jeff

-- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page