We just signed up for a new home and I have a few questions (some stupid). You can know from my qs that I'm worse than a newbie
Your help is appreciated. Also, their prices are ridiculous and not sure if I would be able to negotiate on the prices.
Recreation room in basement level (11'x11' - unusable)
Main level - Living room (15x19) + open kitchen
3 Bedrooms in 3rd floor (Master - 14 x 14)
4th bonus bedroom - 23 (or 25) x12
4 single outlets (Cat5 or Coax)
Upgrade all 4 to dual ports for $500.
Additional dual port : $250
Additional single Cable port : $185
Verizon Fios Pre wire 1 x 2COND and 2nd CAT5 - $199
1. I only need 1 outlet/port for phone, right?
2. What is the Verizon Fios Pre wire 1 x 2COND and 2nd CAT5?
3. How many extra ports would I need for the whole house? Single or dual.
HDMI TV Pre wire:
Electrical outlet - $125
2 x 6' HDMI prewire termination brush wall plates : $295
1. How many HDMI would I need? I would think Living, Master, 2nd bedroom & 4th level bedroom
2. If I decide to do it later, can I?
3. Do I put electrical outlets in the other areas: 3rd bedroom, kitchen dinnette?
4. If I dont want to pay for the HDMI prewire, what are my options?
Surround Sound Pre wire:
5.1 Surround Pre wire - $995
7.1 Surround Pre wire - $1150
1. Which room do I set this up if I decide to go fro this ridiculous prices: Living Room or Master Bedroom or Bonus 4th level bedroom?
2. Do I prewire for 5.1 or 7.1?
Sorry for so many questions, but this is our first purchase & would love do it right. Thanks so much for your help & insight. I really appreciate it.