experience with CYP PU-44XL-KIT HDMI Matrix - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-26-2017, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
experience with CYP PU-44XL-KIT HDMI Matrix

Hi All,
Im looking into the 4x4 matrix in the title 9CYP PU-44XL-KIT.
Im after a matrix i can run over my normal network. By this i mean from matrix in to managed switch(s) and then receiver at TV, Projectors etc.

Does the above support this? i can't find much info on it. i know i could go for the 'just add power' solution but id like the matrix in one box and not as separate transmitters.

The switch's can run multiple VLANs so thats not an issue. just want to find one that can support what i need before forking out the $$$.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-26-2017, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyt2005 View Post
Hi All,
Im looking into the 4x4 matrix in the title 9CYP PU-44XL-KIT.
Im after a matrix i can run over my normal network. By this i mean from matrix in to managed switch(s) and then receiver at TV, Projectors etc.
HDBaseT is NOT Ethernet! All of the HDMI matrix products use the same wiring (cat5e/6) as Ethernet, but they are completely different uses. You cannot connect HDBaseT devices to any Ethernet infrastructure. That will be the same answer for any "HDMI Matrix" or "HDBaseT" product.

The products you are looking for, if that's really what you want, are called "HD over IP" or "HDMI over IP", and the JustAddPower products are very good examples of that.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix it.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-26-2017, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 224
HDBT Matrix - no that will not integrate with your managed Switch. You would need to unbundle some cables from your network and provide a direct link from the RJ45 Output on the Matrix to the RJ45 Input on the Zone Receiver (if your cabling is good you can go usually via a Patchbay - though ideally you try to avoid them).

HD over LAN - you can use on a managed Switch, our Pro DSX is one solution to consider, http://www.octavainc.com/PRO%20DSX_H...processor.html

Joe

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

Ruipro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial system Design, Consultancy, Installation, Supply and Integration.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-27-2017, 06:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post
HDBT Matrix - no that will not integrate with your managed Switch. You would need to unbundle some cables from your network and provide a direct link from the RJ45 Output on the Matrix to the RJ45 Input on the Zone Receiver (if your cabling is good you can go usually via a Patchbay - though ideally you try to avoid them).

HD over LAN - you can use on a managed Switch, our Pro DSX is one solution to consider, http://www.octavainc.com/PRO%20DSX_H...processor.html

Joe
Is a 'patchbay' different from a panel?

What would the issues be?

To Hell with Georgia...
post #5 of 5 Old 08-27-2017, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Patch Bay/Patch Panel - same thing

'What would the issues be?' - no issue, intermittent signal or no signal. HDBT is pretty robust but can still be tripped up by one too many connections in the cable run. Many HDBT systems will accommodate a Patch Panel without any issues but always best to be aware that there is some potential for problems if you are unlucky.

Joe

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

Ruipro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial system Design, Consultancy, Installation, Supply and Integration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page