Nuvo P3500 vs P4300 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-30-2017, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nuvo P3500 vs P4300

I already have speaker zones wired and am pretty much decided on one of the rack mounted streamers from Nuvo. The P3500 or P4300.

The biggest difference I see between the two is the amplification. The P3500 has much more power than the 4300.

The P4300 also has a touchscreen which might make setup a bit easier but I dont really care about that.

Are these the only differences between these two products? I am leaning towards going with the newer and less expensive P4300.

They both appear to have the same amount of zones and other features when compared on paper. The 4300 probably runs cooler due to the lower power handling but again that is not a concern as my rack has space and cooling.

One other question.....Bluetooth connections to these Nuvo systems. Is the P200 player the only way to integrate a Bluetooth connection into the system?

Thanks
MIKE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-31-2017, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Some Information

For the curious....

I spoke with Nuvo tech support.
1. The P3500 has the higher output B&O Amps which I knew about.
2. The P4300 has the 3.5mm in/out source and the P3500 has the RCAs.
3. The P4300 supposedly has a "better" pcb board. Take this with a grain of salt. He couldn't tell me in which way.
4. The P4300 has the touch screen on the front for config and status.
5. The P4300 has cooling on the sides as opposed to the top which would seem better for a rack mount scenario.
6. The P4300 is cheaper by quite a bit. I personally have an external amplifier which I would like to use so the P4300 is most likely the route I will take.

Hope this helps anyone trying to make a decision.

Thanks
MIKE
post #3 of 3 Old 08-31-2017, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1328 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapostol View Post
I personally have an external amplifier which I would like to use so the P4300 is most likely the route I will take.
A stereo (one zone) external amp or a multichannel amp?

Either way if you've already got that you should consider the P300 pe-amp unit(s) so you're not buying stuff you don't need. Now, having 3 zones in a nice 1U rack mount unit has its own benefits, though... If you've got a multichannel amp, maybe find a P3100 unit?

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: I am fixing photo links in my theater thread - if you find dead photo links elsewhere, please PM me and I will fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page