Need Splitter for 60hz HDR Signal from PS4 Pro to TV and PC Monitor - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Need Splitter for 60hz HDR Signal from PS4 Pro to TV and PC Monitor

Hi everyone, thank you for having me and hopefully answering my questions. I appreciate this friendly community.

I have a 4K 60hz Vizio HDR compliant TV. I recently upgraded to a PS4 Pro (4k 60hz output) from a PS4 slim.

Before I upgraded, I was using a $10 hardware switch to switch 1080p output from the PS4 Slim between the TV and my PC monitor (1080p) in my room.

After I upgraded, the PS4 Pro with 4k 60hz HDR output stopped working with the splitter. Would get blank on both the TV and my monitor.

I was thinking it either had something to do with resolution or HDR as it was working fine on my PS4 slim.

So I am about to buy a 4K 60hz non-HDR PC monitor for my PC build and am in the market for a splitter (1 input, 2 output) that can send 4K 60hz signal to both my TV and PC Monitor.

What I'm hoping for is a switch that can send 4K 60hz HDR signal (HDCP 2.2). If it can do it simultaneously that would be great, but doesn't have to be (button press to switch is fine). Since both are 4K, the only difference between the two output devices is one accepts HDR (TV) and one doesn't.

If you have any advice please let me know. I want to be able to game in my bedroom again!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page