AV setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-13-2017, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
AV setup

I'm building a log cabin and have prewired for 3 tv's and 6 ceiling speakers (4 inside and 2 on the porch. We would like to have audio from the main TV into the 4 living room speakers (2 front and 2 rear); and occasionally listen to music from the two speakers on the porch. Maybe even have the TV sound on all 6 speakers. I have all speaker wires and TV cables run from a small closet area. TVs all work, just would like to add sound. Have 6 Klipsch R-1650-C speakers in ceiling. Just not sure what receiver to get so I can control the audio how I like. Used to be that receivers had multiple speaker selectors. Those days look to be gone. I was also wondering how hard it would be to do a theater setup in the main room. Do I only need to add a center channel? I can run an extra speaker wire under the house if necessary? Any advice would be helpful. All my audio experience is 20+ years old with 2 a 4 speaker setups.. Never had home theater.. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-13-2017, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Sounds like you have the beginning of a "5.1" typical home theater setup.
You would generally add a Center Channel and a subwoofer to round out the TV watching experience.

Many receivers support a "B Zone" for the porch speakers. Denon is one brand. Their mid cost plus offer the second zone.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-14-2017, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothtlk View Post
Sounds like you have the beginning of a "5.1" typical home theater setup.
You would generally add a Center Channel and a subwoofer to round out the TV watching experience.

Many receivers support a "B Zone" for the porch speakers. Denon is one brand. Their mid cost plus offer the second zone.
Thanks.. That was my guess after some reading.. But just hated to buy equipment that wouldn't do what I needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page