AVS Forum banner

Nuvo Essential G -- easy way to make wireless?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  emzeetwo 
#1 ·
Hi all --

Apologies, I'm a bit of a AV newbie, as I'm upgrading from a 1-bedroom apartment to a three-floor house that was wired by the last owner with a Nuvo Essentia G 6-zone setup.

Right now, there are 6 music zones controlled by 6 Nuvo OLED keypads. All speakers are in-ceiling speakers. The Essentia G sits in a networking closet.

My question is this: short of a full renovation that replaces and rewires the house again, I'd like to maximize the use of the current setup and have 6-zone wireless audio. A bonus would be hooking the wireless audio up to individual Amazon Echo dots as well.

What are possible solutions, and which ones do you recommend? For audio needs, I'm not really looking to stream from a NAS --- Pandora, Spotify, and the music on a phone is fine right now.

What I found through some quick reading:
  • Sonos Connect: each Sonos Connect I add via aux input would be able to control a separate zone
  • Google Chromecast Audio: seems like this would do the same, but it's a fraction of the cost. What do I lose here?

Also, what would my options be for hooking up Amazon Echo Dots to each zone? This is the part I'm finding to be the most confusing.

Thanks all! Appreciate your help as I get up to speed on home ownership, automation, and multi-room audio with an older system already in place.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm looking to add wireless music playing capabilities to the wired Nuvo system so I can play internet radio, computer music, phone app music, etc. and control the output from a mobile device in each room. There are currently 6 zones set up in the house already, but they all required a wired input connected to the Essentia downstairs.

It seems like Sonos Connect or Google Chromecast Audio are the two most convenient solutions to make this possible. Am I on the right track?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.