Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First my equipment:
--sony 999es cd/sacd/dvd player
--pair of gibbon 8 (devore fidelity) floor speakers
--svs 20-39pc+ active subwoofer
--Unico (integrated 2 channel analog) amp by unison research...it
has NO HT bypass or anything...is a 2 channel analog integrated amp.
...it did recently have 2 full range preamp outputs installed to run my svs subwoofer at low line level via RCA.
...and my Sony flatscreen tv for HT.

Here is my problem: i watch alot of music DVDs (from Diana Krall, Norah Jones to Rush, Led Zeppelin) and so music quality is important (and my system is great sounding as the unico integrated amp and the sony 999es were recently modded); however, many people say that when you listen to concert dvds in a GOOD 5.1 HT you'll never go back to 2 channel.
....all the dvds i have have on their menu the option of 5.1 or 2 channel stereo for audio setup....of course i have to select 2 channel stereo.
Most relevant here is that some have said going to a very good sounding HT 5.1 is EXPENSIVE, esp when you add a preamp processor (ie, the lexicon m8) and multichannel amp.

I am thinking of selling the whole shebang and just getting some bluesky active monitors (see www.abluesky.com)...say 5 of their 6.5 sats.

This whole area is a bit confusing to me: basically want something VERY musical for SACDS (my sony 999es was modded) but also great for Music/concert DVDs, too.

A retail modder did suggest hooking up an older integrated amp (NAD 710)
into the unico (tape in) and run a pair of mission 731 pro bookshelf speakers to only the red binding posts (he's going to email me the sketch) and says this would provide real surround sound as it would not duplicate the signal but the missing signal from the unico...sorry if this sounds confusing....he says the center channel would be missing but it's not as important for concert dvds.

Any suggestions without having to go see my banker is appreciated!
Feel free to email me directly @ joseph.collins@telus.com
Joe
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page