Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2000, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here are some ideas:
1) The MRD-D1 is not a stereo modulator, the right and left inputs are combined into a mono audio signal.
2) You can get modulators that do stereo using MTS encoding. An example is the ChannelPlus 56x5 series. They are much more expensive than mono modulators, but work very well. You can find info at http://www.channelplus.com/modultrs.htm
3) ChannelPlus recently introduced an add-on box that is supposed to add MTS to a mono modulator. It's called the 5601; you can find info at http://www.channelplus.com/new_products.htm
4) You shouldn't have any problem with a 25 foot run for the IR engine in the MRD-D1. Make sure that you don't have any splitters between the target and the MRD-D1.
5) $50 for a ChannelPlus 2133 target is about right; the Sony equivalent was priced lower, but isn't available anymore.

Let me know if I can help out in any other way.

Regards
BB

[This message has been edited by bb80301 (edited August 05, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-05-2000, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am confused. I have a Sony MRDD1 modulator which I understand is equvilent to the Channel Plus 3025. I learned after I bought the unit that it was mono, NOT stereo. Why does this unit (and others) have stereo inputs (left and right) if they do not produce a stereo output? The manual for the 3025 states that it has 5 signal outputs with left and right audio. What does that mean? Isn't left and right audio the same as stereo? Also is there any problem with using the IR emitter with 25 feet of cable? Does anyone know where to get extra IR remote targets? I have found them for $50, but that seems pretty steep. Thanks for your help.
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page