newbie trying to wire his house - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-13-2000, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
kind of a newbie with wiring my entire house and I've got a question. I just moved from a 1 bedroom apartment where I had a tivo/sat in the living room, and just dragged a cable into the bedroom off the back of the tivo, so both tv's could watch the tivo. Now, I've got a bigger place. Living room is downstairs, bedroom is upstairs. I obviously don't want to run a cable up the staircase. It looks like the cable comes in through the garage, but I'm getting my satellite signal from the deck on the other side of the condo. So, my question is, how can I get the signal from the tivo to go through the entire house without running coax all over the place? What I've been thinking (and here's where the newbie part comes in)...I hook the tivo up with the satellite close to the deck on the other side of the house. I then get that x10 wireless video sender thing, and send the video from the tivo into the garage. I pick up that signal there, and hook it into the feed for the entire house (using a channel modulator, right?) and then the entire house has tivo/sat on whatever channel I want. The problem with this is 2 fold:
1) I expect some quality loss
2) I currently have a single-LNB dish, so that's fine. I do, however, have plans to upgrade so that I can put receivers in all the bedrooms...this doesn't solve that problem, or does it and I'm missing something?

Thanks for any/all help!
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page