Xantech bypass problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-07-2001, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have purchased some Xantech Xtra-Link 2 equipment for IR distribution in my house, but I have a problem with bypassing my RF amp, which is a ChannelVision 2/4PIA, connected as follows:

input 1: CATV
input 2: Channel Plus 5625 Modulator, in main room, with IR emitters
output 1: to main room
outputs 2-4: to other rooms, with IR targets.

I have connected the emitters to the 'input 2' cable, and an IR target to the 'output 2' cable. Then I used the BYPASS94 kit to route the IR signal around the amp from O2 to I2, and everything works beautifully.

The problem is adding another bypass for targets on the 'output 3' or 4 cables. I ordered additional BYPASS94 kits for this purpose; unfortunately they are backordered. My plan was just to daisy-chain multiple CPL10's on the 'input 2' cable, but now I suspect that this will not work - since the CPL10 does not allow DC to pass on the 'RF' port, I'll only get the IR from the last one in the chain.

Will my plan work? If not, can I keep a single CPL10 on the I2 cable, and splice multiple bypass cables from the 'output' cables together?

Or do I have to just bite the bullet and replace my amp with a single-in, single-out amp and a couple DC-passing splitter/combiners, like I should have done initially? live and learn, right.... http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page