Any experience with BSS Soundweb? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-06-2001, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In looking at whole-house audio distribution I have come across the products called BSS Soundweb . Their products (9088ii, 9008, 9000ii) are targeted at commercial installations, but look like they will work well for my 4-source, 12-zone home. They provide incredible flexibility because of the built-in DSP, and can integrate with my AMX control system.

Does anybody have experience with these products that you can share? I know a few things by now, so I may be able to answer a few questions from those who wish to know more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-07-2001, 05:37 AM

I've never heard of that particular piece, but there are several switchers out there that work well with AMX. There's a Landmark switcher that I believe has built in amplification (a 16SX?) for 16 zones, which is fairly priced. Autopatch makes a wide variety of modular type switchers that have very easy to learn RS-232 commands (there's even system calls for them in AMX). You'd need some external amps for this. ADA has a variety of RS-232 controlled switchers/amps like the Delta-88 (8 sources up to 255 zones).
post #3 of 5 Old 06-07-2001, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, GregH. I know there are a number of other solutions out there. But the BSS product is attractive to me because of its power. For example, I can assign a parametric equalizer to each channel so that every room is optimized. The system is pretty expensive, though.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-08-2001, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, you can control everything via RS-232. But controlling EQ, with 24 channels of output and perhaps 4 bands per channel is probably more than I want to do very often. So my intention is to use the PC interface to set up EQ for all the channels and then leave them that way. If I have the need, I can set up EQ for different scenarios (rock, classical, etc.) and switch between them easily.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-08-2001, 09:57 PM

Are you able to control the eq via RS-232? The Delta has bass and treble control which are though that may not be enough.
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page