TIVO & DVD Distribution - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-28-2001, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From doing some reading on this board, I'm looking into getting a either a Channel Plus 3025 or a Sony MRD-D1 if I can find one at a cheap price.
My question is this: In my bedroom, I already have a cable line and a second DSS receiver with a line coming in from my dual dish. The cable is plugged into the DSS receiver. An RG-6 is coming out of the receiver into a vcr. Another RG-6 comes out of the vcr into the tv. The vcr has composite in and out not being used. The tv has one composite audio and a video in. What would be the best way to hook this up when I get my Channel Plus? This is probably an easy question, but I am just not seeing the answer.
The TIVO and DVD are in my den downstairs with my home theater setup. I'm assuming I will have to run another RG-6 up to the bedroom from the Channel Plus but that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks for any help.

[This message has been edited by BigBird (edited 06-28-2001).]

BigBird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-29-2001, 04:24 AM
jkv
Advanced Member

I would take the output of the vcr/tivo/dss and modulate each one on a separate channel. Take the output of the modulator and feed that into a distribution amp. Feed the output of the distribution amp to the TV and vcr (so you can record from the dss/tivo unit).

To do this, you will need two (2) runs of rg6 to each location. This is what I did when I built my home. My 4 vcrs, tivo, in-attic attn and dss are all on their own tv channels.

You can even send the IR signals over the coax if you need to have remote control over your components.

Riverside Cinemas
post #3 of 3 Old 06-29-2001, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

jkv, thanks for the reply. That might be a little bit more than I want to take on right now. I have the ability to record in my den downstairs off the tivo. I just wanted to get the dvd and tivo signal upstairs and also to my kitchen. That is why I was thinking of the channel plus 3025. I'm confused of the best way to hook it up in the bedroom though. Maybe if I use the output of the 3025 into the RF input on the vcr. Then I could switch the output of the DSS to composite into the vcr. Maybe that would work?
As for control, I was thinking of using Powermid's.

BigBird
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page