Dish network Distribution/control with Channel Plus 3025 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-07-2001, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am considering getting 2 dish network receivers 501/301 and would like to know the best way to distribute the signal from the receivers to 4 other TVs.

I am considering the Channel Plus 3025 with IR system for remote TVs. I plan on locating both receivers in one location and distributing from there using the 3025. Can I use the IR system with this setup. My thoughts are that when I operate from a remote location I will change both receivers. Is there a way to avoid this? or am I completely off?

Should I use a Low Pass filter? I will be using a limited cable feed for my locals and a few other channels. If so where in the setup do place the filter?

Thanks and any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-08-2001, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a system pretty similar to what you've described. Here are some ideas:
- In order for the IR to work, you need the two satellite receivers to respond to different IR codes. I have one standard dish receiver & one Dishplayer receiver. They use totally different code sets, so it works fine. I don't know whether 501 & 301 use same or different code sets.
- Whether you need a filter depends on whether there are empty cable channels in the channel range of your modulator. You can check this with any cable ready TV or VCR just by punching in channel numbers & seeing if there's anything there.
- If you need a filter, put it between the cable feed & the 3025 antenna input.

Here's a link to the manual for the 3025: http://www.channelplus.com/files/3025._man.pdf

Regards
BB80301
post #3 of 3 Old 07-09-2001, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I also have a similar setup except I use a pair of Sony MRD-D1 modulators (made by Channel Plus). I agree with bb80301 about the filter. Just find a channel that does not have anything being broadcast on either side of it. The 20's and the 70's are empty for me. My satellite receivers are 24 and 27 and my DVD player and VCR are 72 and 76.

Since the 501 remote is UHF, it is addressable. Just change it to remote channel 2 and it shouldn't interfer with the 301. If you use a universal remote, the Dishnetwork codes for it will only work for remote address 1. There have been some recent discussions at www.dbsforms.com on the use of universal remotes.
-Robert
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page