Does mono modulator pass cable MTS? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-16-2001, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If I understand what you are asking, Jym, then the answer is "yes". With most of the modulators that I have seen, they work by "adding" the modulated channel to the existing frequency mix. But you may wish to verify that the spec sheet says "stereo pass through".

So, your inputs would be (a) a coax for your existing cable service, which would include MTS-encoded stereo channels, and (b) a modulated channel of your choosing, typically input via RCA cables, which would be mono sound only.

The output from the modulator would include the cable channels, as they were, with MTS encoding intact, plus your mono-sound modulated channel of choice.

Regards,
Barry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-16-2001, 09:42 PM
Jym
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am debating buying a new modulator that is stereo. They are a lot more expensive. Does a cheap, mono, modulator pass MTS on the cable connection? I believe they do.

So a stereo modulator would get me MTS on the new, modulated channels. In my case this is front door camera, computer screen and Tivo/DVD. The only one that matters is Tivo/DVD. But I also have this wired through house audio system so I do get stereo.

I am thinking that the stereo modulator does not buy me that much. Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks,

-Jym-
post #3 of 3 Old 07-18-2001, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
My Sony branded/ChannelPlus modulator passes the stereo cable signals thru in stereo. The signals from the two video sources (DTV and a VCR) are passed thru in mono.

...mike
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page