Channel filter question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-24-2001, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this is a long shot but...does anyone know of where I can get a ch 3 or 4 filter? I'm thinking that one of those $30 modulators should fit my need, but I need to get the channel that I never watch off of my cable feed so I can lay this on top.

Thanks.
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-24-2001, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still interested in the answer, but it's not as important anymore.
I tried to go the cheep way to get the output of the ReplayTV on all of my TVs. I found a Magnavox modulator that takes L and R audio in and modulates it onto 3 or 4. I got excited when I saw that it had cable in and out on the back. I was hoping that it would modulate in stereo and lay it onto the existing cable in the chosen channel slot.
What was I thinking? It takes the two audio in puts but modulates it in mono. And there is a switch on the front that selects between the cable in or the modulator going out.

Well, at least I can return it.

Does anyone know of where I can buy an inexpensive stereo modulator? Like a referb or something along that line.
Mike

[This message has been edited by ravenshadow (edited 07-24-2001).]
post #3 of 3 Old 07-26-2001, 05:59 PM

Mike:

What you are looking for is a "notch" filter that will cut out the frequencies for channel 3 or 4 (or both?). I'm not aware of something off the shelf, but you can have one "custom made" by Channel Vision. You will have to call them on the phone. Check contact info on their website, www.channelvision.com.

However, you might find that the cost of the filter defeats the purpose of the cheaper modulator! The custom filter might cost on the order of $70. If you add $30/$40 for the el-cheapo chan3/4 modulator, you might be better off buying a better modulator (for $100) that can modulate the channel you want up higher in the frequency spectrum on an unoccupied range.
Closed Thread Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page